How to protect, prevent and treat common illness during Rainy Season
Rainy season brings a lot of fun, greenery, and a cool climate with it. However, it also invites a lot of health disorders and epidemics. If a little effort taken, we can prevent it wisely.
Common Illness (Mainly Water born diseases and Respiratory Diseases)
1) Cold and Flu → usually due to sudden – change of temperature
2) Dengue → through mosquitoes due – to the collection of dirty – water in surroundings
3) Diarrhea → through contaminated- – water
4) Food infection → through food & water / – unhygienic ambiance – – due to fungal growth in dampness
5) Fungal infection in feet → stepping in contaminated water
6) Fungal infection in body → by wearing damp clothes
7) Cholera →Through contaminated water
8) Seasonal Epidemics
1) When your immune system is very low – A shelter can save you from getting wet in rain but it will not protect you from catching any kind of infection.
2) Keep Rain Gear With you Always – Always use raincoat/umbrella when you go out. A raincoat with a hooded jacket and waterproof shoes are the best items.
3) Shower After Being Caught in Rain – Although it sounds very unusual because if you are drenched in rain, you will never want to take another shower. But taking a shower after you have been caught in the rain will protect you from many infections. Especially thoroughly clean your feet and hand with soap.
4) Hot Drinks – After you come back home caught in a rain, take a shower, dry yourself and wear dry and clean clothes. The best thing is to make a hot soup for yourself or at least drink a cup of black tea with lime as vitamin C boosts your immunity. This will help you from catching a cold or save you from catching any kind of infection that can occur due to a sudden changes in the temperature of the body.
5) Being Clean – Cleanliness is very important during rainy season. Even if you catch a cold, you should clean your hands regularly and use a sanitizer always after that.
6) Drink Plenty of Water – Water intake may reduce naturally because of the sudden drop in the temperature of the environment. It is good to drink plenty of water and do not wait to get thirsty to drink water. This will help you drain toxins from your body.
7) Watch Out your Intake – Try to eat nutritious food and avoid eating out during the rainy season. Prepare meals with full precautions and maintain health and hygiene throughout the house.
Treatment– Very effective Homeopathic medicines are available.
- DR. ANASWARA DEV